Just weeks after welcoming his son Lance into the world, Matt Rose, brewmaster and owner of Forge Brew Works in Lorton, lost his wife Kerri to cancer.
The Belgian beer enthusiast and former aerospace engineer and his wife were eagerly awaiting the birth of their son when Kerri began to have some problems. What were first deemed complications of her pregnancy turned out to be Stage IV gastrointestinal cancer. The shocked parents-to-be received the news in August, and Lance was delivered safely in September.
The cancer proved too malignant to combat, and Kerri passed away on January 15th.
A fundraising page was made to help with the costs of treatment, with any extra donations benefiting Lance’s education. The page has already raised over $55,000!
Tonight, many local breweries will offer “Kerri’s Cure”: a Belgian pale ale tailored to the Rose’s tastes and with proceeds benefitting the family.
When else will you find a way to sample limited edition beer, visit local breweries, and directly help support a family that is recovering from a loss?
Here is a list of breweries “Kerri’s Cure” on tap tonight:
• Adroit Theory Brewing Company (Purcellville)
• Adventure Brewing Company (Fredericksburg)
• Bad Wolf Brewing Company (Manassas)
• Caboose Brewing Company (Vienna)
• Capitol City Brewing Company (Arlington and DC)
• Corcoran Brewing Company (Purcellville)
• Crooked Run Brewing (Leesburg)
• Fair Winds Brewing Company (Lorton)
• Forge Brew Works (Lorton)
• Heritage Brewing Company (Manassas)
• Lost Rhino Brewing Company (Ashburn)
• Mad Fox Brewing Company (Falls Church)
• Ocelot Brewing Company (Dulles)
• Old Bust Head Brewing Company (Warrenton)
• Old Ox Brewery (Ashburn)
• Ornery Beer Company (Woodbridge)
• Port City Brewing Company (Alexandria)
• Spencer Devon (Fredericksburg)
• Tin Cannon Brewing Company (Gainesville)
• Pro Re Nata Farm Brewery (Crozet)